DIY Reupholstery Sneak Peek
About Jeanette @ snazzylittlethings
My Recent Posts
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Best of DIY – Fall TourKeep reading, I’ve brought you some seriously gorgeous fall eye candy from 26 other bloggers in the “Best of DIY” –we have even collaborated and opened our own Pinterest Board! Keep scrolling down to the bottom of this page to see more fall inspiration! Even if you don’t love my project, there is plenty more [...]
- Brain is mush. But inspired…Before I give these beautiful velvet pumpkins away, (hop over to Facebook to see how to win) I wanted to show you how cute they were on my DIY crates. Let’s pretend for a minute these are mine. The vignettes I create unintentionally are sometimes my best ones. Does that happen to you? Sometimes we [...]
- Ready for Fall: OutdoorsFall Home Tour Part I: Outdoors I love this time of year because everything seems so much more relaxed. It’s the calm before 9 months of extreme weather. And we are (almost) ready for it. Leave it to my son to sum up fall, in all the glory of his teenage eloquence: “Fall means dead [...]
- Winterizing Outdoor Furniture with Hemp OilLet me start this post by saying, this is for wood furniture that you may use outdoors that could use a picke-me-up or protection from the elements this coming season.If you stopped by Part I of my fall home tour, you saw that I renewed my old table that I use as an outdoor wooden [...]
- DIY Live Video Workshops?Reader input is requested since I’m at a crossroads with blogging. I’m not quitting – just willing to try something maybe, a little different. Something fun–which is why I started blogging to begin with. ***** Behind the scenes, this little website is one of the more difficult DIY’s I’ve ever done. And of course, [...]
- Heartfelt Cliches and PeoplewatchingThis post was written in the wee hours, past midnight Monday morning during one leg of my flight to Kansas City. Above: snapped en route to Atlanta, GA. It’s past midnight, and I’m in Atlanta finally sitting on my “cancelled” flight heading to Kansas City. I can’t DIY–so all I can do is sit here. [...]
- Cleaning out my closets…As a blog reader – what makes YOU hit the subscribe button? What brings you back a second, third or fourth time? On the other hand, what turns you “off”? I’m about ready to make some changes around here…nothing major – but I’ve been urged by many to “tell my story”. Yes, this is a [...]
- Facebook “Top Fan” Weekly PrizeSponsored by my favorite Annie Sloan stockist, Funky Junk Boutique. Are you following me on Facebook? Facebook is where I post all of my sneak peeks on my DIY projects. It’s where I hang. It gives me instant gratification. I can interact with readers in realtime. In fact, love it so much that I decided [...]
- DIY: 100 Years of “Perfection” Ball Jar CraftThis limited edition jar was sent to me from Ball® Canning & Recipes to commemorate 100 years since the creation of the “Perfection” Jar. I’ve been asked to create a DIY craft with these beauties–stay tuned for a DIY in progress! (And…enter to WIN an awesome package below!) Ball “Perfection” – Limited Edition in [...]
- French Decor for the OutdoorsI’ve not showed you the exterior of my house much, have I? Well…the rough Ohio winter nearly wiped out our landscape, and we’ve been saving trees…literally. So I’ve been on Polyvore getting ideas on how to spruce up some of our outdoors spaces. Let me first ask a question. Is it strange in that I [...]
- Best of DIY – Fall Tour
- How to Line a Cedar ClosetLining your closet with cedar is relatively easy when you use tongue-and-groove boards
- How to Make an Upholstered HeadboardUp the coziness factor of your bed with this custom-made, fabric-covered accessory
- How to Make Candlesticks from Stair Balusters
- How to Build a Toolbox
- How to Make a Shutter-Door Ironing Cabinet
- How to Install a DishwasherA new dishwasher in 10 easy steps
- How to Line a Cedar Closet
Putting a twist of vintage in all things new. I love to decorate with old photographs, art deco, vintage travel posters, subtle faux finishes, sports and rock memorabilia. 100% self taught decorator, so I'm winging it most of the time.
- Alicia Scardetta Wall Hangings + Best of the WebEarlier this week I had the pleasure of interviewing Lisa Congdon not once, but twice, for both my radio show and her book event at Powerhouse Arena in Brooklyn. Even though I’ve known Lisa for a long time, I learned so much about her while I listened to her thoughtfully answer what must have been...
- Tallulah Rose Flower SchoolIf I could spend all of my time immersed in flowers, I’m pretty sure I would be the happiest girl around. From growing and cutting to arranging and delivering, almost every aspect of floral life makes me insanely happy. So this week I thought it would be fun to get a special, behind-the-scenes peek at...
- In the Kitchen With: Zoe Nathan’s Bacon Cheddar MuffinsI am so excited to share a recipe from the recently released Huckleberry cookbook. It seems that my phone hasn’t stopped ringing this year with calls from my LA-based friends telling me how much they love this place called Huckleberry and how so very good everything they eat there is, from the standard menu, to the...
- Behind the Bar: Raspberry Gin CocktailThis is our second cocktail from the creative duo of photographer Kathryn McCrary and designer Jenn Gietzen (see their first collaboration, a Peach Margarita, right here.). Technically, this is the last weekend of summer so we wanted to squeeze in one last toast to summer’s bounty. (You can always substitute frozen, thawed berries if you...
- Before & After: An Omaha Apartment Gets a Boost of PersonalityTrying to make a tiny city apartment feel big can often seem like a Sisyphean task. Living in a nutshell can have its perks (Low rent! Less to paint!), but managing to fit all of the trappings of Western life into one and making it feel homey can oftentimes seem nearly impossible. Still—it can be done. Jessica McKay,...
- After the Jump: Lisa CongdonOne of the most difficult parts of running a creative or arts-based business is just that – the business. From pricing and licensing to negotiating gallery shows and agent fees, the world of being a full-time artist can be incredibly complicated, confusing and isolating. Thankfully Chronicle decided to tackle the fine art world for their...
- Best Illustrated BooksOne of my favorite things about fall is the new crop of books out from publishers. And today, I thought I’d share some of my favorite recently (or soon to be) released illustrated books. These are all books that you’ll keep on your coffee table and keep coming back to – from the stories behind...
- DIY 101: FlooringLet’s be honest, making changes to your flooring can be a little scary. After all, it involves moving all the furniture. Anything that involves heavy lifting is a big commitment. But it can make all the difference between a so-so space and something fantastic. To get you in the mood to flex your muscles, we’ve...
- 10 Creative DIY Stair Runner IdeasThis weekend I found myself dreaming of having a home with a second floor. I’ve spent most of my life (and dorm years) living in single-floor apartments or homes, and there’s always been something so grand about the idea of a dramatic staircase leading to bedrooms or other spaces that are a good distance away...
- 10 Classic Movies and Their Alter Ego ChairsWhen I first started Design*Sponge, I had a bit of a chair problem (which has now been replaced by a ceramics obsession). At one point I had at least four chairs for every person living in my home and it got to be a little ridiculous. I ended up giving them away to good homes...
- Alicia Scardetta Wall Hangings + Best of the Web