DIY Reupholstery Sneak Peek
About Jeanette @ snazzylittlethings
My Recent Posts
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- DIY: Vinyl Wall AppliquéIf you'd like a quote for your own vinyl wall art, just email us! We are slightly fanatical about our music. I mean, I love music--but my husband is a truly.
- DIY: Buffet Upcycled with Metallic PaintThis post is sponsored by Modern Masters, I received paint and supplies from the Metallic Paint Collection in Warm Silver. In the store where I sell my upcycled furniture creations, customers have been enjoying a variety of bold color palettes with specialty finishes. Turquoise and red seem to be the predominant color choice, with a wide-array of glaze tec […]
- Tile Printing Tutorial (for enlarging images)Tile printing is an essential ingredient behind many of my DIY projects at home. You will see me reference this in my Ballard Designs Monogram Art, an image transfer on my T.J.
- Wedding Catering with a Twist of RagtimeWhat better way to say "thank you" to friends and family than with a great meal at your special event. Our wedding theme evolved into "vintage--with a twist of ragtime", so I found ways to add vintage touches throughout my venue-- even in the food presentation. Vonderhaar's Catering honored my theme and made it all very easy for me, […]
- 15 Painted Furniture Project IdeasThe easiest and least expensive transformation is a furniture transformation. As I sit through another game of Catchphrase or Uno, my mental Rolodex is assessing what furniture remains in my house that I want to paint (or strip). Admittedly I love painting furniture, it's such an easy way to breathe new life into an item that has lost it's way and […]
- DIY: Industrial Lighting Upgrade Over the MantelThis post is sponsored by National Builder Supply and my opinions are my own. I was compensated with product from Kichler Lighting. Above:
- My House: Before (2005)Let me start by posting some pictures of my house in 2005. Now when I say that my house was "a white gymnasium" you'll understand. See how empty it was?
- Ballard Designs-Inspired Monogram ArtAbove: My DIY version of Ballard Designs Monogram Art. $1.
- Tim Burton Themed Pumpkins (instant download)It may be a little early for pumpkin carvings for Halloween, but I finally found something and I thought I'd share. A couple of years ago, we had a Halloween party...and some of the pumpkins I carved were Tim Burton themed.
- It’s “Knock Off” Week!Have you ever purchased something you KNOW, deep down that you could've made it yourself? (...and maybe, saved some serious $$??
- DIY: Vinyl Wall Appliqué
- How to Line a Cedar ClosetLining your closet with cedar is relatively easy when you use tongue-and-groove boards
- How to Make an Upholstered HeadboardUp the coziness factor of your bed with this custom-made, fabric-covered accessory
- How to Make Candlesticks from Stair Balusters
- How to Build a Toolbox
- How to Make a Shutter-Door Ironing Cabinet
- How to Install a DishwasherA new dishwasher in 10 easy steps
- How to Line a Cedar Closet
Putting a twist of vintage in all things new. I love to decorate with old photographs, art deco, vintage travel posters, subtle faux finishes, sports and rock memorabilia. 100% self taught decorator, so I'm winging it most of the time.
- DIY Project: Leather FoldersI’m an avid believer in surrounding ourselves with things that inspire our work, because after all, work is what we spend most of our time doing. Though, maybe we can’t exactly watch our favorite TV shows or sip on scotch while we work (as much as I know that those things inspire me), we can...
- Matisse-inspired Cocktail Recipe + DIYThe Museum of Modern Art’s incredible new exhibit, Henri Matisse: The Cut-Outs, is filled to the brim with entertaining and craft inspiration, as well as some of the most exuberant artwork ever made. Open through February 8 (RUN, don’t walk!), it’s the ultimate excuse for an artsy cocktail gathering in honor of the master’s works....
- 10-Second Studio Tour: Wishbone LetterpressIt’s hard to imagine that just a few short years ago, Danielle Bliss, the founder and creative mind behind Wishbone Letterpress, was working the overnight shift at a national news show, commuting hours for work, and barely having time to keep her life —or her mind—together. During this time, Danielle and her boyfriend began dreaming of...
- The Velvet Ribbons in Saint-EtienneYesterday I talked about how the internet is full of some truly wonderful people and last night that was reaffirmed when I got an email from one of my favorite online friends, Neal of Present & Correct. Knowing my obsession with ribbons (I made them both the theme of this website and our book), Neal...
- 10 Things I’ve Learned About Life from BloggingI don’t know if it’s the impending cold weather or some changes that are about to happen in my personal life (more on that soon), but I’ve found myself reflecting on the lessons I’ve learned over the past few years. The blogging generation often gets a bad rap for being too focused on trends and...
- Biz Ladies: How to Work With Influencers to Boost Holiday SalesAs much as we may deny it, it seems as though the holiday season kicks into full gear even before the first leaves fall from the trees. For those in the retail industry, this is a time of year that can bring on major sales and business success, along with a little added stress. Mei Pak...
- Greek Islands City GuideHopping around the gorgeous Mediterranean islands of Greece doesn’t sound like a bad idea at all. So if you’re thinking of taking a cruise of your own, you are going to want to check out interior designer Sophie Carr’s amazing guide to shopping, dining and lodging around these historic island locations. Her insider tips are...
- A Day In The Life of Lela RoseI always feel a special kinship to anyone that was raised in the south. Whether or not I know them, I always imagine we’d be good friends – or at least get along – at some point. In my dream world some of those amazing southern women I’d love to meet, and then become best...
- Touring Musicians Build a Beautiful Home Base in KingstonWhenever we have the chance to combine two of my favorite things, music and design, I get incredibly excited. For the past year, Max has been telling us about his friends and fellow Kingston, NY locals, Darbie Nowatka and Justin Rice. They’re both members of the band Bishop Allen, whose albums have been on heavy...
- A Bright and Airy Home in Alberta Filled With Glam Personal TouchesI’ll admit it, I’m not a super crafty gal, but I delight in seeing a space with subtle touches of personality that reflect its owners. How you combine pieces, both bought and made, and add your touch tastefully truly transforms a house into a home. And that’s exactly what Brittany and Jade Robertson did so...
- DIY Project: Leather Folders